Here are the details of Indian Police Service Limited Competitive Examination 2013 , Dates, Paper Pattern, Centres, and Online Application Forms.
What is IPS LCE Exam?
IPS Exam is an exam which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year for for filling vacancies in IPS. IPS is primarily concerned with maintenance of Law and Order in the country at district level. Indian Police Service Limited Competitive Examination will be held for the first time in 2012.
Why IPS LCE Exam?
To serve in the IPS one has to be elevated from the state cadre or get a decent rank in the rigorous Civil Services Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.
Step of Selection in IPS LCE Exam :-
* If the candidates passed the first stage then he /she will be selected to attend the main exam which is nothing but Stage 2.The stage 2 consists of 9 papers and the duration for each paper is 180 minutes. The papers are Language (candidate opted), English, Essay writing, General Studies (2 Papers), Optional subjects opted by the candidates (4 Papers).
* If the candidate clears this stage, then they will be called for the final stage which is Interview. A panel of members check the ability of the candidate and assess them for 300 marks. Finally all the marks obtained by the candidates in the all stages will be totalled and the merit list will be declared.
IPS LCE Exam 2013 Paper Pattern :-
Papers Paper Type Duration Marks
Paper I General Studies Objective type 2 hours duration 200
Paper II Aptitude Objective type 2 hours duration 200
Paper III English Language* Descriptive type 3 hours duration 200
Paper IV Essay Descriptive type 3 hours duration 200
Paper V General Studies Descriptive type 3 hours duration 200
IPS LCE Exam 2013 Syllabus :-
Paper I :-
General Studies covering Current affairs, History of India, Geography of India and the world, Indian polity and Governance, Economic and social development , Environmental issues and General Science
Paper II :-
Aptitude test comprising Comprehension, Interpersonal skills, Logical reasoning and analytical ability, Decision making and problem solving, General mental ability, Basic numeracy and English Language Comprehension skills
Paper III :-
English Language paper. This paper would be of Matriculation standard and qualifying in nature only. Its marks will not be counted for preparation of merit ranking.
Paper IV :-
Essay paper. It will comprise two essays, one on security aspect and the other on various developmental aspect of the society.
General Studies paper covering various aspects like Elementary Principles of Public Law, State Policy, Fundamental Rights, Human Rights, Disaster Management, National Security etc.
The Essay Paper (Paper IV) and the General Studies Paper (Paper V) will have to be answered either in English or in Hindi.
IPS LCE Exam 2013 Eligiblity:-
1. Must be a citizen of India
2. Have completed 05 years of continuous and actual service as Deputy Superintendent of Police in States under State Police Service or Assistant Commandants in Central Para Military Forces (Central Reserve Police Service, Border Security Force, Indo Tibet Border Police, Central Industrial Security Force and Sashastra Seema Bal) or Officers of the Rank of Captain or Major or equivalent in the Armed Forces.
3. Should have an unblemished service record.
4. A candidate must not have attained the age of 35 years for General Category, 36 years for Other Backward Classes category candidates and 37 years for candidates belonging to a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe.
IPS LCE Exam 2013 Sample Papers :-
IPS Exam 2013 Model Papers will be available in this space soon so stay tuned with us.
IPS LCE Exam 2013 Exam Date :-
The exam will held in the month of October.
Where To Get The Application Form :-
Candidates can apply online by logging on to the official website of IPS.
IPS LCE Exam 2013 Results :-