Here are the details of Drug Inspector 2013 Exam, 2014 Dates, Paper Pattern, Centres, and Online Application Forms.
What is Drug Inspector Exam?
Drug Inspector Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for recruiting Drug Inspector for the country. There are different states like Maharastra, Gujrat, Rajasthan which also conduct their own written exam to select candidates in drug inspector post in that states. Through UPSC you may get drug inspector post in any states .
Drug Inspector Exam 2013 Paper Pattern :-
The exam has two papers-
Paper 1: Pharmacy
Paper 2: General Knowledge
Drug Inspector Exam 2013 Syllabus :-
UNT-I.- FORENSIC PHARMACY -
1. Drugs and Cosmotic Act,1940 and Rules there under, 1945 with amendments.
2. Pharmacy Act,1948
3. Drug price Control Order, 1995.
4. Medical termination of pregnancy Act, 1971.
5. Poison Act, 1919 and Dangerous Drugs Act, 1930.
6. Drugs and Magic Remedy Act, 1954.
7. Medical and Toilet preparation Act, 1955.
8. Prevention of Cruelty to Animal Act.
9. Trade Mark Registration Act.
10. Pharmaceutical Ethics.
UNIT - II - MANUFACTURING OPHARMACY.
1. Tablet and Tablet Coating,.
3. Emulsian, Suspension, Ointment and Cream.
4. Optholomic Solutions.
5. Blood Fluid and Electrolyties.
6. Parental preparation and Quality Control.
7. Surgical Dressing.
8. Biological Preparation….(Sera, Vaccine & Anti-Sera).
UNIT - III- PHARMACEUTICAL ANALYSIS.
1. Limit Test.
3. Sterility Test.
4. Pyrogen Test.
5. Theory & Application of Colerimeter, Flerimeter, Nephlometer,and Turbidometry, U.V. Visilile Spectrophotemeter.
6. Karl Fischer Titration.
7. Alcohol determination.
8. Microbiological Assey of Vitamines, Antibiothics and Vaccine Preparation.
UNIT - IV - MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY -.
Following Classes :-
1. Structure, Storage and Preparation of Brand names of the steriods (definition, classification etc.).
1. Sedatives and Hypnotics.
2. Psycho-therapentic Agents.
3. Anti Histaminic Agents.
4. Analgesics(narcotic, non-narcotic and NSAID)
5. Cardiovascular Agents.
UNIT - V - PHARMACOGNESY;
Source, Chemical constituents, uses and adulteration of the following classes of natural drugs, Rauwalfia, Epecacuhana, Belladona, Chinchona, Cinnamon, Digitalis, Senna, Alloe, Noxvomica, Opium Alkoloid, Kurchi, Brahmi, Tulsi, Bael and Ephedra.
UNIT - VI - PHARMACOLOGY & TOXIOLOG.
Introduction and general principle :-
Mode of action, drug receptor interaction, drug antagonist, absorption, distribution, metabilisim and exerition, rate of administration, Bioavailability, drug dependence and addiction, drug abuse and toxicity, drug adverse reaction, Drug allergy and Biostatics.
UNIT - VII - HOSPITAL & CLINICAL OPHARMACY -
Handling of prescription, Incompatibility, Storage condition of drug, Clinical Pharmacy and its role in Hospital.
UNIT - VIII - ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY & HEALTH EDUCATION -
1. Elementary knowledge of following systems :-
Blood, Digestive System , respiratory system, Eye, Ear, Reproduction system and Urinary system.
1. Nutrition, First Aid and Population Control, AIDS Control.
Drug Inspector Exam 2013 Eligiblity:-
Degree in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences or Medicine with specialization in Clinical Pharmacology or Microbiology from a recognized University or equivalent. Pharmacy degree obtained must be from PCI approved college and candidate be registered with state or central pharmacy council.
B. Experience : 3 years' experience in the manufacture or testing of Biological and special products specified in Schedule 'C' and 'C'(1) to the Drugs & Cosmetics Rules, 1945.
Drug Inspector Exam 2013 Sample Papers :-
Drug Inspector Exam 2013 Key will be available in this space so stay tuned with us.
Drug Inspector Exam 2013 Exam Date :-
The exam will held in the month of April.
Drug Inspector Exam Marking Scheme :-
Pharmacy / Pharmaceutical Sciences (Degree Standard) - 200 questions
Clinical Pharmacology (P.G.Degree Standard) - 120 questions
M.D. Micro Biology (P.G.Degree Standard) - 120 questions
Interview and Record - 40 marks
Where To Get The Application Form :-
Candidates can apply online by logging on to the official website of UPSC.
Drug Inspector Exam 2013 Results :-
The result will be declared in the month of June/July.