Here are the details of ISEET 2013 Exam, 2014 Dates, Paper Pattern, Centres, Colleges and Online Application Forms.
What is ISEET?
Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test (ISEET) has replaced AIEEE & IIT JEE which will come into force from the year 2013. The exam will be held twice in an academic year. ISEET Entrance Test Score will remain valid for 2 years. The ISEET is going to be effective for getting admissions into the most prestigious and renowned institutions of the country which are the 'IITs' and 'NITs'. It is assumed that around 12 lakh candidates will be appearing for ISEET 2013. MHRD will be the govering body and the exam will be conducted by CBSE whereas the test papers will be prepared by IIT's.
According to Human Resource Development Ministry, the main reason behind the replacement of the test is to reduce the stress on students who are willing to attend for various entrance examinations. There is a chance of getting admission in good college by focusing on only single test syllabus.
Step of Selection in ISEET:-
A Candidate’s score in the Class 12 Board exam will be considered, with the weightage not less than 40 per cent of the total score. The combined weight for ISEET Main and ISEET Advance will not be more than 60 per cent; however, the weightage given to Board scores can go up to 100 per cent.
Each state government or institute will be able to decide the specific weightage it gives to Board, ISEET Main and ISEET Advance exam/test scores. A committee headed by Dr T Ramasami, secretary in the Department of Science & Technology, has demonstrated with the help of the Indian Statistical Institute that school scores across various Boards can be normalized through a statistical process.
Benefits of ISEET:-
1. One common examination for admission into most of the Engineering / Science institutions.
2. No need to apply for several entrance examinations.
3. The students will be free and relaxed after appearing in only one exam.
4. Stress-level will be considerably reduced which otherwise used to be there due to various entrance examinations spread over a period of three months (April-May-June).
5. Substantial financial savings for parents.
ISEET 2013 Paper Pattern:-
ISEET will be an Objective Type exam having two papers on the same day:
ISEET Main Paper:-
Duration of ISEET Main paper is of 3 hours.
ISEET Main will be an objective type exam, and will test comprehension, critical thinking and logical reasoning.
30% weightage will be taken into consideration which was mandatory to take admission into central engineering institutions
ISEET Advance Paper:-
Duration of ISEET Advance Paper is of 3 hours.
ISEET Advance will test problem-solving ability in basic science subjects.
30% weightage will be taken into consideration which was mandatory to take admission into central engineering institutions.
The two tests ISEET Main and ISEET Advance together will indicate a candidate’s scholastic level and aptitude for science and engineering.
ISEET Exam Syllabus
Who Can Apply For ISEET 2013:-
* The Candidate must qualify class 12 examination from any National/state or 'approved' International Board.
* The candidate mut secure at least 50% marks in class 12.
* The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Maths in Classs 12.
Institute Participating for ISEET:-
1. 15 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and IT-BHU, Varanasi & ISMU, Dhanbad
2. 30 National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
3. 5 Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)
4. 6 Indian Institutes of Science Education & Research (IISERs).
5. 1 Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology (IIST).
6. 1 Indian Institute of Science (IISc) - (only BSCourse/Programme)
7. 3 Indian Statistical Institutes (ISIs).
8. Several other Govt. /centrally-funded institutions.
9. Some Pvt. Colleges/Universities at National level.
10. Hundreds of State Govt. funded/controlled colleges in various states.
11. Thousands of Pvt. Colleges in various states.
Number of seats through ISEET:-
1. 15 IITs + IT-BHU + ISMU = 10000 + Seats
2. 30 NITs = 20000 + Seats
3. 5 IIITs = 2000 + Seats
4. 6 IISERs + IISc = 2500 + Seats
5. IIST + ISI = 500 + Seats
6. Other deemed Universities (National Level) = 5000 + Seats
7. State Level Colleges = 5 Lac plus Seats
8. Overall, a total of 5.5 lac seats will become accessible through ISEET
ISEET Sample Papers:-
1. No 'official' sample paper has been released so far
2. A Sample Paper may be expected by CBSE by June-July 2012
3. However, some private coaching institutes may make the sample papers available very soon.
ISEET 2013 Exam Date:-
ISEET will have two phases, Main and Advance, each of three hours duration. Both tests will be given on the same day, between 10 am and 5 pm. ISEET 2013 will be held in either month of April or May.
ISEET Marking Scheme:-
ISEET Application Form :-
ISEET 2013 Results:-
ISEET Colleges in India