Here are the details of GATE 2013 Exam along with their Dates, Paper Pattern, Centres, Colleges and Online Application Forms.
What is GATE?
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination which is administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology for Master degree courses of Engineering in top Engineering Colleges in India. The exam is going to be conducted in 21 different streams which are Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Instrumentation Engineering, Architecture and Planning, Geology and Geophysics, Mathematics, Mining Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Production and Industrial Engineering, Textile Engineering and Fiber Science, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering Sciences and Life Science. So if you want to take admission in master programmes of these top engineering colleges and IISC you need to appear for this exam.
GATE 2013 Exam Date :-
Online Examination Date :- 20th Jan 2013
Offline Examination Date :- 10th Feb 2013
GATE 2013 Paper Pattern :-
The examination for the papers with codes AE, AG, AR, GG, MN and TF will be carried out ONLINE using computers where the candidates will be required to enter the answer for each question using mouse. For all other papers, the candidates will have to mark the correct choice on an Optical Response Sheet (ORS) by darkening the appropriate bubble against each question. In the ONLINE papers, the question paper will consist of questions of multiple choice type and numerical answer type. For multiple choice type questions, each question will have four choices for the answer. For numerical answer type questions, each question will have a number as the answer and choices will not be given.
Marking Scheme for GATE :-
Multiple choice questions carrying 1 or 2 marks each.
Common data questions, where two successive questions use the same set of input data.
Linked answer questions, where the answer to the first question of the pair is required in order to answer its successor.
Numerical answer questions, where the answer is a number, to be entered by the candidate.
Examples of such questions can be found in Question Types.
GATE 2013 Eligibility :-
* A candidate having a bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
* A candidate having a master's degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
* A Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
* A Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
* A Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
* Pre-final year students are not eligible to write the exam.
The candidates have to apply for their application form online from its offical website.
* Submission of Online Application Forms Starts from :- 1st September 2012
* Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form:- 30th September 2012
GATE Results 2013 :-
The results will be delcared on 15th March 2013.